ASSET & INVESTMENTS MANAGEMENT
This Program teaches about tangible and intangible assets, investments, and the work of asset, investment and fund managers. It explains how to forecast and understand market trends, analyse markets, plan to maximise investment returns, and how to manage equity, bond and other assets and portfolios. It also explains how to develop strong market and investment strategies.
- Fixed assets as working assets; current, circulating and floating assets, the circulation of current assets.
- Liquid assets, liquidity management, solvency, the working capital cycle; trade debtors, credit control.
- Intangible assets: intellectual property, goodwill, copyrights, patents. Financial instruments: equity, debt.
- Securities; investments: deposits, gilt-edged securities, stocks and shares, dividends, returns.
- Physical asset management: selecting fixed assets, raising finance for purchases, depreciation.
- Leasing/contract hire/rental, sale and lease back, hire purchase, credit agreements, maintenance.
- Investment businesses, range of activities, duties and responsibilities of investment managers.
- The asset management industry, organisation: dealing, cash management, the back office.
- Modern portfolio theory; economic data, growth, interest rates. Compliance, systems, data requirements.
- Equities, bonds and the money market, derivatives, property; dividends and equity returns.
- Fund management: equity, fixed interest, currencies. Performance returns, reporting and analysis.
- Investment accounting, making settlements. Quantitative analysis. Security and market analysis.